I am a qualified and professional counsellor, accredited by the National Counselling Society.
The National Counselling Society (NCS) is one of the largest professional organisations for counsellors in the UK and, more importantly for you, they are part of the Professional Standards Authority's accreditation scheme. What does this mean for you? There are unfortunately a lot of unqualified counsellors practising in the UK. Being accredited by the NCS means that the NCS have checked my qualifications and have ensured that I am fit to practise. You can be confident that I have the right skills and experience to be able to help you effectively and safely.
"Richard helped me to manage my depression and anxiety in a way that medication couldn't. I feel like I can live a normal life again." - A former client
Qualifications and Experience
My qualifications include:
- Advanced Certificate in Relationship Therapy - 2 years of training
- Higher Diploma in Counselling Practice - 2 years of training
- Advanced Certificate in Counselling Skills - 1 year of training
- Certificate in Counselling Skills - 1 year of training
It is important to me that I am able to offer you the very best chance to reach your goals. To do this I attend additional regular training sessions throughout the year which includes:
- Adult Attachment Behaviour
- Ethical Practice Conference
- Sex and love addiction
- Advanced Couples Counselling - Sex and Ageing
- Working creatively with clients
- Treating social anxiety disorder
- Advanced Couples Counselling - Couples in Conflict
- Working with clients using techniques from Gestalt theory
- Working with anxiety
- Pregnancy Loss
- Working with clients using techniques from Transactional Analysis
- Domestic Abuse training
My main training placement was with New Dawn Counselling Service in Weston-super-Mare. I successfully worked with a variety of clients of all ages, backgrounds and difficulties.
Aside from experience of working with clients I also:
- Mentor trainee and newly qualified counsellors
- Give presentations to trainees in colleges
Do you have any questions or would you like to book an initial consultation? Please click here to contact me.